After many months of work by the Steering Group, stakeholders and members of the community – we are proud to announce that the Colwyn Place Plan has now been launched and was formally adopted by the Bay of Colwyn Town Council on the 22nd January 2024.
Planning Aid Wales Limited
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the 2023 Annual General Meeting of Planning Aid Wales Limited will be held online and at Sports for Wales National Centre, Sophia Gardens, Cardiff, CF11 9SW. Bute Suite 2 (Option to join remotely – Email address required) on Monday 3rd July 2023 at 4pm.
The Welsh Government has agreed the planning element of measures to tackle the issue of second homes and short-term lets in the country with the introduction of three new use classes.
NATIONAL TRUST TRAINING – July 2020
Planning Aid Wales provided training on the planning system in Wales for members if the National Trust Planning Team. The training aimed to provide staff with
- An overview of planning law and policy and the basic structure of the system in Wales.
- Explanation of the purpose of planning in Wales, the Welsh Government’s priorities and expectations.
- Understanding of the Development Plan and Development Management process including permitted development rights planning appeals, planning obligations and enforcement.
- Explanation Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects and Developments of National Significance in Wales.
- Knowledge of heritage policy in Wales.
- Awareness of emerging planning regulations and policy.
Supporting 5 towns in Conwy to explore Place Plans
Detailed planning training courses for elected members in Monmouthshire, Bridgend and Newport.
Supporting Bay of Colwyn Town Council to prepare a Place Plan
Community Engagement in the new Newport LDP
Early stage engagement support in the preparation of Chepstow Place Plan
Advising LUC on engagement in Carmarthenshire