Planning Aid Wales promotes and facilitates meaningful community engagement in the planning process in Wales.
Meaningful community engagement in the planning system can:
- Give people a voice and build their skills, confidence and capacity to influence decisions affecting their local area.
- Improve the quality, appropriateness and relevance of new development.
- Increase pride in and sense of ownership of the built environment.
- Foster collaboration between developers, planners and communities, resulting in better schemes.
- Improve the quality and relevance of planning policy by taking local knowledge into account.
- Reduce conflict, speed up and reduce costs in the development management process.
Click on the links below for more information on:
- Common community engagement tools and techniques
- Case studies on good community engagement practice in planning
- Our community engagement newsletter
- Our community engagement services
- Our upcoming training and networking events
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.