NATIONAL TRUST TRAINING – July 2020
Planning Aid Wales provided training on the planning system in Wales for members if the National Trust Planning Team. The training aimed to provide staff with
- An overview of planning law and policy and the basic structure of the system in Wales.
- Explanation of the purpose of planning in Wales, the Welsh Government’s priorities and expectations.
- Understanding of the Development Plan and Development Management process including permitted development rights planning appeals, planning obligations and enforcement.
- Explanation Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects and Developments of National Significance in Wales.
- Knowledge of heritage policy in Wales.
- Awareness of emerging planning regulations and policy.